It makes my heart happy you’re here, and you are welcome in my little corner of the internet anytime.
This summer has been a doozy, let’s be honest. It has been difficult for everyone. Our lives have been forever changed by the way COVID-19 has effected the globe in 2020. While I continue to pray for a cure, and hope we can get this under control as soon as possible (hello ya girl is trying to get married!!!), I am also trying to stay on the bright side of things these days 🙂
Here are ten highlights from 2020 for me since March!
1. Spencer and I adopted our crazy, beautiful German Shepherd pup, Harper! She sure is a handful, but she is the sweetest girl. Shout out to Saving Grace Animal Rescue!
2. Having quality time at home, full of game nights, movie nights, and creative date nights. I woke up one morning and Spencer had built us a fort to have breakfast in!
3. Cooking new recipes! Normally it’s hard to find this girl in the kitchen, but we have a new found appreciation for cooking, and my instant pot. That thing is a #lifesaver. Joanna Gaines Chocolate Chip Cookies are probably my favorite thing I made!!
4. Watching the sunrise with Spencer on the beach
5. Putting together our outdoor patio and building a coffee table!
6. Learning how to create digital art with Procreate! It took some love, but I hand drew our wedding save the dates on the ipad and printed them through vistaprint! My favorite part is the chicken, so cute!
7. Finishing my first 5K! The gym closed down early during the pandemic, but I pushed myself to start running in our neighborhood, and completed my very first 5K! I felt unstoppable. If I can do this, you can too!
8. Getting outside! We bought a set of kayaks in April, and hiked often through our backyard trails. I am not one with nature, let me tell you, but it has been so nice to get outside and socially ~distance~ at the lake!
9. Being able to pour extra time and love into my photography business and my clients
10. My new deep appreciation for quality time spent with loved ones, hugging my friends, family gatherings, and so many other daily things we take for granted sometimes. Hug your people while you can, and tell them you love them!
What’s something positive that’s happened to you this year? Tell me below in the comments!